Wednesday 19 October 2011

Work and Labour (not included in blog count)

This week we covered what work and labour are and how hey relate to us as humans and our occupations we do during our life.

Labour is activity that corresponds to the biological process of the human body, it is something that we do from start to finish. Its something you "have" to do. Its about survival.
Work are the things that we want to do rather than the things we need to do, activity that corresponds to the unnaturalness of human existence. Things you choose to do within life is considered work. Work brings joy to us.

The activity of exercise is what I consider to be work, the joy I create for myself when I arrive at the gym ready for my class is exciting, the atmosphere in the room, with the loud heart racing music brings back memories of when I used to live in New Plymouth. These memories are of me using exercise classes as a way to relax after a hard day of study at my then "chefing" course. I could remember the smell of the gym, it brought with it a sense of working hard to sweat out the tension from the day, this is a bit of ambiance in itself, the smells, memories, lighting, people, all add to why i saw the gym as a means of fun, work and activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment